Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday July 19, 2009 Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time





Today’s acclamation is from John’s Gospel: “My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord; I know them, and they follow me.”
This is a particularly poignant verse in light of today’s Gospel reading, where Jesus and the apostles try to escape for a few days of rest – a mini-retreat perhaps. But the sheep hear his voice and follow him, and they no sooner get to the place of retreat when they are surrounded by a crowd of people “like sheep without a shepherd” – and Jesus resumes teaching. I suspect most people in church ministry can identify with this passage – it’s very difficult to maintain the balance between being a good shepherd and maintaining dependent sheep.
How are you like a sheep in your life as a Christian?

How are you like a shepherd?

Have a Blessed Sunday....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Gift Cards so easy to buy and so easy to use....

Followers