Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Faithfulness


"You can count on me--I will never let you down."

That is faithfulness. Husband and wives vow on their wedding day to be faithful to one another, devoted and committed to one another in all areas of marriage. It is a vow to be with one's mate, to stay with one's mate, and to build up one's mate. Again and again throughout the Bible, God holds faithfulness up as one of His foundational qualities and a foundational quality He expects from His people. This is nothing like the faithfulness of a mate, friends and family and God to build our sense of security.

PROMISES FROM GOD:

Wherever we go God is there.

Psalm 23:6

3 comments:

  1. I made that vow too and I've not broken it. Trust is such a fragile thing if not taken seriously.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife Celestine and I have been going strong now for 29 years this year.I feel greatful that I have this relationship with her and our Father who helps keep us going.My first marriage ended badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We teach our kids that God is everywhere, but I think sometimes we forget it ourselves. Great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Gift Cards so easy to buy and so easy to use....

Followers