On June 12, 2008, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that Alzheimer’s disease is now the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States, surpassing diabetes.
• As many as 5.2 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimer’s.
• 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer's in their lifetime.
• Every 71 seconds, someone develops Alzheimer’s.
• Alzheimer's is the sixth-leading cause of death.
• The direct and indirect costs of Alzheimer's and other dementias to Medicare, Medicaid and businesses amount to more than $148 billion each year.